Sunday, December 26, 2010

What Just Whizzed Past Us? I Think it Was 2010.

After a lenghty hiatus I felt it time I showed love to the blog; given that my last post was in May.

I thought about why I hadn't thought about the blog for over six months, and a recent comment by Annemarie came to mind. She simply said to me, "Where did 2010 go?" I have no answer to this, beacause it whizzed by so quickly I didn't get a good look at it.

* Were we particularly busy? No more so than previous years.
* Was somebody ill? No, in fact we probably suffered from less Winter ills this year, than what we normally do.
* Was there a disaster in the family? No (thank goodness) things just pottered along for the year.
* Did we go on a big trip. No, we had a beaut 9 day cruise through the Coral Sea in June/July, but as is usual with these things, it seemed that as soon as we boarded it was time to disembark.

On this groggy Boxing Day Sunday morning I can't think of anything that would have propelled 2010 past us so quickly. However, I have a few days up my sleeve, before returning to the drag and grind, and will attempt to recall the year to anyone who wishes to read this.

May your god(s) be smiling upon you.
Tony

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I know that feeling. This year seems to have gone by so much faster than the others. It seemed like one day I was fronting up for my first lecture of the semester, and then the next day I was preparing to sit my final exams. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a creative one ahead of us in 2011. I look forward to workshops with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2010 was a hectic year for me, with loads to stress about. I'm kind of glad it's almost over, not because 2011 will be less stressful - it probably won't be - but because I'm determined to make more goals and deadlines for myself to keep me motivated and working towards something. Looking forward to seeing you in the new year :)

    ReplyDelete